Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our first Snow

We love the snow here.  It is nothing like the few times we experienced snow as children.  We look forward to it every year.  This year we were not fully prepared.  Our 2 rear tires are in no shape to drive in snow or ice.  On my way home from a baptism, I lost control of my Yukon.  I slid into a telephone pole and snapped it in half!  Leah and I were in the car and for that moment there were no other cars around.  We are completely safe and feel fine.  We feel blessed that we were not hurt.  I know the Lord protected us. 
At this time we are thankful for our ward for helping us with rides and letting us borrow a vehicle until we figure out what to do about our Yukon.  We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family that love us and uplift us.
Now-does anyone know a good body shop?

Leah was in the backseat behind the driver side.  Thank Heavens!

You can hardly notice it, right?

If you look close you can see where the telephone pole fell on the top/side of my hood.(in the first picture)

This is our home that we are selling and if everything goes well, we will be moving soon(we will move somewhere nearby).  We will be sad to leave-we have loved living here!

Despite the accident, it is just so beautiful and I still love the snow.  I can't see the snow as anything but beautiful and it gives me such a peaceful feeling...well except when I am crashing into telephone poles.

5 comments:

KolbyJanine said...

ouch! thats awesome that your ward is so great. Thats one thing that is great when you live away from your family, you learn to lean on your ward members and that creates some GREAT relationships. all the snow makes your house look so cozy. I know that sounds crazy but it just looks so warm and wintery...aww! Im jealous.

Allison said...

Thanks Janine, but no need to be jealous. It is so small! It IS warm and cozy, though. When I got home from all the chaos, Clay had a fire lit and they were all watching a Christmas movie and having hot chocolate. It is wonderful how a home can bring such happiness and peace. I was happy to leave the stress and troubles of my accident outside in the cold snow.

Christen said...

the pictures on my e-mail weren't showing up so i didn't see the damage on there. good thing leah was on the other side! i agree with janine, the snow makes the house look cozy!

Ashley said...

I am so glad everyone was okay! Poor you and Leah! That must have been so scary! I agree with Janine, living away from family does create amazing relationships with your ward family! By the way, your house is not that small, and the view from the back is amazing!

Kimmy-Kins said...

How scary!! Richard totaled our truck here in UT and we just sold it for scrap and had to buy another vehicle. Glad everyone is safe and sound!