Sunday, December 27, 2009

On Christmas Day in the Morning

Our Christmas was unplanned.  We intended on visiting Nevada from Dec 21-Jan 6, but had to cancel.  It was a tough decision, but after prayer and consideration, we all agreed that we needed to stay home.  We were packed and had already spent time at the airport.  When the flight was canceled and there was little hope in getting a different flight before Christmas, we went home.  We rented a car and made plans to drive, but ultimately decided against that as well.  So-my parents hurried and shipped us all of the gifts that I had already shipped to them (yes-we paid for shipping twice-ugh!) and we got them just in time.  It was still great.  We enjoyed spending time together and had a really fun week.  Clay still has the time off, so it has been such a fun and relaxing week and will be next week too.  We still had snow from the snowstorm that we had a week before (20 inches!), so we have been playing in the snow.  The snow is almost gone now, though.  The kids were pretty worried about not getting gifts since there were no gifts under our tree.  They were extra excited on Christmas morning to see presents.  On Christmas eve Leah said that Santa was going to bring us a new car since we crashed our old one.  Boy do I wish that would have been true.  ha ha.
On Christmas eve, we enjoyed the festival of lights at the temple and even watched "Mr Kreuger's Christmas".  Boy, was that a cheesy movie.  I forgot.  Oh well, it was fun.  This year we are especially grateful for simple things like car heaters, a plate of cookies, generous ward members, considerate neighbors, phone calls, etc.  The list goes on.  On Christmas Day, I came down with the flu, but no worries, Clay takes great care of me.  I am doing better and am anxious to have another fun week with Clay home.  We missed family, but we were not sad...who could be sad this time of year?  We will plan a trip in the summer and will be better prepared for obstacles.
Sorry-no pictures.  I am frustrated that I didn't take the time to grab the camera.  Leah was hilarious when she woke up.  I had sat on her bed and told her that it was time to get up...she didn't move.  Then I said "it's Christmas" and she sat up so quick that it scared me.  She also said something so loud and it made Clay and I laugh.  We don't know what she said...it was probably something from her dream.  Funny!

4 comments:

KolbyJanine said...

Glad that you guys had a good time. I wish the LV temple would do lights. That would be great.

Shelly Benson said...

I'm so glad your presents made it in time! That really made me laugh about Leah - I bet she was glad the trip got canceled. Didn't she say she didn't want to go? Funny girl.

Also, I'm a little frustrated that you didn't grab the camera, too! However, I know how it is - sometimes you just want to enjoy the moment and not worry about getting a good shot. I took a ton of pictures, but because they are "action" shots, most of them turned out blurry anyway.

Have fun with the rest of Clay's time off, and be safe on New Year's (don't over do it with the booze)!

ned0409 said...

haha leah is sooo funny! man i wish you guys could have come down here!!.. glad you had a good christmas and so glad you got your presents in time!

Ashley said...

We were sad you couldn't make it, but glad that you had a great Christmas! By the way, we just watched the video of when we visited you guys. It is hilarious! Wish we could visit you guys again!