Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kasey is home!



We are so lucky to be close to Kasey's mission!  Kasey got released from his mission in Philadelphia on Dec7.  Mom and dad had the opportunity to pick him up and spend a few days with him.  We had intended to meet up with them in South Philly, but after a recent car accident, we weren't able to.  We are so thankful that they decided to come here!!!   It was so great to have company and see them for a little while.  We hadn't seen Kasey in 3 years.  Our kids hadn't seen the grandparents in 3 years either.  It was such a nice visit.  We really enjoyed each others company and also had a nice lunch.  We desperately tried to convert dad from In-N-Out to Five Guys. :)  Kasey was in shock a little bit from leaving the mission field, but that is understandable.  He's got some sinnin' to do.  Just kidding! They are on their way back to the hotel now and we are so anxious to see them and the rest of our family when we visit in a couple of weeks!


We gave them a tour of our mansion.

They are laughing at the story of when I slipped on the ice...I wrote about it in a previous post.


Ryan blocked the picture.  He was so good today and even spoke to mom & dad and Kasey.  He surprised us.


Leah loves her grandparents and Uncle!

I am so glad for the good example Kasey set for Dallan.

Clay was so happy to see his parents and brother.  He really misses his family a lot.  I do too, but I think Clay does more.

Out to lunch!  I am not sure if dad is a convert to five guys or not.  :)

18 comments:

Kolby said...

1st comment. That is all. j/k Looks like fun. Kasey looks awkward.

Shelly Benson said...

Thought I should comment to ensure that I live long enough to see you guys again. Is it weird that I almost started crying reading this?! "He's got some sinnin' to do" made me laugh. RM's are a little weird when the first get home. Do you know for sure yet if you guys will make it or not? I love this post.

keithnjeni said...

After the threat of bodily harm I decided it would be in my best interest to comment. Great pictures...Dallan looks so old - weird! I can't wait to see Kasey Friday - and to see you guys soon too. Love you guys!

Janacy said...

This is awesome :) Thanks for letting me see Kasey... I love being able to see you guys too....

KolbyJanine said...

I was going to take my chances but decided I better not once I got the email saying you are coming after all. jk so Kasey looks like my husband...weird. Dallin is so grown up, what a handsome guy. And Shelly, I too choked up, but I blame it on post pardom. So much fun, I am glad you guys got to see them and they were able to visit you at your home. Love you guys

becbloggin said...

to prevent death...thanks so much for this post!!! i have been texing mom a little but was so anxious to see pictures and hear about their visit. i felt very teary as well seeing your family and thinking about how wonderful it is that they could come and see you all! leah is so sweet and dallan is gInormous!! what a studster! is he just swatting the girls away?!?? family is just amazing!! i bet little ry could sense that :) love you guys bunches and so grateful again for this post!

becbloggin said...

was janine saying kolby looks awkward?!? :)

becbloggin said...

ha ha kolby cuz you have to sleep on the floor!

mallosaurus said...

I'll help him sin!

bahahahah - that was seriously a joke. seriously.

Michelle Campbell said...

Funny funny comments! haha Clint and I cannot get over how old Dallan looks. It's crazy! Clint kept saying how Leah reminds him so much of Lily especially the one with her eyes closed and funny smile. haha. She's so cute! I wanna hear Ryan talk!! :) Man I miss you guys!! Great great pics and Allison, I think you look so pretty in the 5 guys pics... and burgers sound so freakin' yummy right now!! :)

Michelle Campbell said...

And Kasey does look awkward. haha

Shelly Benson said...

Mack and I had In N Out yesterday in honor of this post.

KolbyJanine said...

haha Bec- I guess if the shoe fits..JUST KIDDING BABE. NOOOOOOOO, I meant his face is very familiar and reminds me of KOLBY.

Christen said...

I agree with everyone! they don't leave much to say haha. I hope everything works out with the visit.

Ashley said...

Yay! I am so excited to see everyone in this awesome family!

The Scott Family said...

Yey!!! How fun that he is home! Kasey looks great! I cannot believe how big Dallin is getting. He looks so grown up!

Jessica Hughes said...

That looks like so much fun to have the family come to see you guys! Cool that Kasey got to be released to go to! Man, what a bummer about the car accident! What do you guys need???? Glad you're all okay and that you have such a great sense of humor about it! We miss ya! Hopefully we'll see you soon!

Clay said...

I just noticed in these string of pictures that if you look at the one with the close up of Ryan and the one right before it, Ryan and Dallan are making the same exact face. Funny. They must be related or something. "Brothers don't shake hands..."