Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

I don't have any pictures to share.  I guess we just forgot to get the camera out.  We had a wonderful holiday!  Clay and Dallan played football in the morning with some ward members while the younger kids and I watched the Parade.  Then we cooked a yummy Thanksgiving dinner with lots of wonderful things.  Everything tasted great and now we are left with lots of leftovers.  I bought my pies and rolls from my favorite place.  We are so fortunate to live in this area where there are so many orchards and markets to choose from.  My favorite is the Lancaster County Dutch Market!  I am there once a week, so it was only natural that I would want to buy my pies from them!  I don't know what I will do when we leave this area.
So that's it, it was a relaxing day and everyone is healthy and happy, so I couldn't ask for anything more.
We are still debating on whether or not we want to decorate our home since we won't be here for Christmas.  Leah doesn't want to go and I have to admit, I really don't want to be away from our home for Christmas.  I am sure we will get over it.  We will look forward to seeing family and it will be great!

5 comments:

KolbyJanine said...

Tell Leah I will give her candy if she comes to my house. She might want to come then and maybe I can score some points for the favorite aunt. Sounds like your day was very relaxing, the way thanksgiving should be.

Shelly Benson said...

It is hard to be away from home on Christmas, especially with kids. I'm sure Leah will have lots of fun here with her cousins.

I really want to go to the dutch market - it sounds cool. We have the farmer's market here, but it's only open one day a week, and I don't even know if it's any good as I've never been there! Have you ever made a homemade pie? I have a lot of fun making one or two every Thanksgiving.

Allison said...

Candy will definitely work with Leah. :)
I have made pies before and I had the makings to do it, but since I was buying my rolls, I bought my pies. Now I have the ingredients to make pies, so we will probably have pie a lot over the next few weeks.
I wish our family was rich so that you guys could come out here! Anytime we are out, we always think about how much our family would like some of the things out here. We have perfect camping sites and reunion spots that we can just picture our family enjoying. Someday maybe.

Ashley said...

Sounds like a fun day! We are excited to see you guys, but it is hard to travel on Christmas.

Christen said...

i understand not wanting to decorate since you won't be at home, but i say you should! maybe it's just me, but i love putting the tree and decorations up right after thanksgiving! it helps me get in the spirit.