Monday, October 6, 2008

For Sale

We listed our house for sale on September 12 and we already got a contract going. Even though we are in conract, the realtor just put the sign out today. Don't ask me how much we listed it for...it is too depressing. It will be a blessing to move into a more affordable place. We will probably rent from a friend and be able to stay in the same ward. Dallan will have to change schools, but he actually wants to because he will be able to go to the same school that his girlfriend goes to. I will be excited not to live above a grumpy woman. The place that we would rent is less square footage, but has a basement. I am happy because it is the beginning of the next phase of our life-preparing to move and begin Dental school.

Which brings me to another piece of news...all of our (Clay's) dental school applications are in. We are hoping for UNLV, but we added:

University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry (UOP) CA
Western University of Health Sciences (WESTU) CA
University of Louisville (UL) KY
University of Maryland (MYD) MD
University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) NV
Baylor College of Dentistry (BAY) TX
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (HOUS) TX
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (SAN) TX
If we don't get UNLV, I really hope we get WESTU because it is like 30 minutes from Disneyland! Yes, I still love Disneyland and I always will. The earliest that we will know anything will be December 1 and the acceptance process will probably last through April.
Keep us in your prayers.

12 comments:

becbloggin said...

i hope everything goes smoothly with your house sale. we love you guys and you are in our prayers always! go UNLV! cant wait to hear...:)

Ashley said...

I hope things go well with the house! Can't wait to hear about the schools!

Shelly Benson said...

You're so good at finding the positives in life situations... hope everything works out. I'm jealous you'll have a basement - if I could have my dream home it would have a nice big finished basement.

You know I really hope for UNLV because I love hanging out with you guys, but all of those places sound exciting. I think trying out a new city is fun.

Jenn said...

Good luck with the sale, with moving and with everything in general!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Good luck with selling the house and getting into the school of your choice! I remember Clay as always being an over achiever so I'm sure every single one of those schools would be lucky to have him. And wait, Dallan has a girlfriend?

Allison said...

I know-pretty weird that Dallan has a girlfriend. She is really nice. The term girlfriend is funny because it's not like they do anything different. They chat online and that's about it. I visit teach her mom and it's funny to hear about how giddy she is about the whole thing. Her brother will interrupt the chatting and write "I love you" and Dallan will be shocked and then the next message will say-sorry-that was my annoying brother. I try not to ask too much because Dallan gets embarrassed.

KolbyJanine said...

great news! sorry i stalked your blog! UOP is a great school and its BEAUTIFUL in san fransisco! plus its only 3 years! GOOD LUCK! crossing my fingers for ya!

Michelle Campbell said...

WHAT THE CRAP!!! Dallan has a GIRLFRIEND??!! Expound on that one please!! :) haha

Michelle Campbell said...

oops, ok, I jumped the gun on that one. THanks for already explaining it. haha. That's really cute actually.
Go UNLV for Clay!!! But I would accept WESTU also. It is close enough. AND I love San Fran too, so UOP is acceptable. haha... ok, ok, anywhere is great... we just want him to get in! Did he send in his apps that he does the prez's teeth!? That should make him a shoein (sp). :)

Michelle Campbell said...

Oh- and good luck with your house sale. It actually sounds like a relief off your shoulders. Way to be positive girl!

Michelle Campbell said...

Is it possible to have a relief off your shoulders??? What was I trying to say? hmmmmm....

Allison said...

Janine, of course it is OK that you stalked my blog. I have seen yours too and I am totally guilty of following the multiple links from my friends and family's blogs to their friends and family. Tell Kaylene to start one.
We wouldn't mind UOP and it would be nice to finish a year early, but it is so dang expensive that it seems like a 4 year. A guy that Clay works with knew your brother in law while he attended UOP. I guess they attended at the same time. His name is John Petrini. Small world, huh?
Michelle, I don't think he included the fact that he has worked with the presidential dental team. It doesn't really fit into the applications very well.
Shelly, pretty much every house or townhouse out here has a basement. So, yeah, that will be so nice!!! I also hope for UNLV to be with family, but I really do like trying a new city. I never thought I would like moving so much. It is so much work and pretty stressful, but I really love it now. And since the Navy does all the work, I can't complain.