Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bradley Raymond Campbell

Bradley Raymond Campbell was born on November 15, 2010 at 3:24 pm.  He weighed 9lbs 7 oz and was 21 inches long at birth.  Raymond is my grandpa and father's first names.  We didn't decide on Bradley until he was already a day old.  I am not sure why we had such a hard time deciding on a name. 
He is so sweet.  He is very content and healthy.
He came into this world in a very weird way.  I was laboring at 7 cm with regular contractions on Sunday morning at 7:30 am.  By Monday at 2 am, we decided to go to the hospital.  I progressed to 8 cm by 7am, but at 2pm there was still no change.  I had planned to have him naturally.  We are not sure why he never progressed further.  Eventually it was decided that a c-section was needed.
After Bradley was delivered, a few things went wrong in the operating room.  Clay left with the baby while I was sedated, given a blood transfusion, and put on a respirator.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to be with Clay and the baby until the next afternoon because I was recovering in the ICU.  It was a scary time, but prayers were heard and after a priesthood blessing, I recovered very quickly.  The respirator came out much sooner than expected and everything got easier and easier.  I have great sympathy for women who have to recover from a c-section.  It is much harder.  Clay and I are determined to focus on the blessings and the positve aspects of having a baby this way.  It was the furthest from our plan and has humbled us.  It is a Faith building experience and we are changed for the better.  Clay and Bradley spent quality time together and Clay has learned so much about what new moms go through.  He has been wonderful throughout this ordeal.  He takes care of everything so that all I have to do is nurse the baby and heal.  I am grateful that certain people were put in my life before this experience in order to prepare me for this.  I had a wonderful relief society lesson about being grateful.  It was fresh in my mind as I was going through my trials.  I was able to think about other people's experiences and feel thankful in my trials rather than complain.  Clay gave me a blessing before we went to the hospital and I am so glad that he is worthy to do that for me.  He was inspired and we were both prepared to follow the spirit during our labor plans.  He also gave me a blessing with a ward member while I was in the ICU.  Although I didn't hear it, I knew they were there and could feel the power of the priesthood.  Through their faith and the faith of others, I know that my recovery was quicker than it would have been.  My ward members and friends immediately helped our family with meals and taking care of our kids.  I am sure that people that we don't even know prayed for us.  We felt all the love and support and know that the Lord will bless those who served us!  We got to go home earlier than expected.  Now we are home and getting into a routine.  Here are pictures of our sweet baby!


6 comments:

KolbyJanine said...

Super cute. Glad you are doing better and in your own home. Congratulations.

Brandy said...

He's so sweet. Congratulations. You guys are such a good example of faith!

Janacy said...

I agree... GREAT story on keeping the gratitude and faith present in all things :)

Thank you for helping me remember this...

Christen said...

Wow, what a scary time! I'm glad that you and the baby are doing well now. He is a big boy and looks like a sweetie.

weavers said...

Crazy!! I'm glad you guys are ok. He is a cute little guy!!

Meek House of Insanity said...

Sounds like the birth of my Jack and your Bradley were fairly similar. I am so sorry you had such a hard time, but grateful that you are both ok!!