Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pirates

Leah was playing pirates with my dough hook when Dallan hit her with a pillow.  The hook banged into her lip and split it.  So we took her to the ER to get 4 stitches.  We were only there for 2 1/2 hours, so it wasn't too bad.  Leah was very brave.  She didn't cry once.  The doctor was very impressed with how calm she was.  She was acting so funny and was really excited about getting a milkshake on the way home.  She kept asking Clay if he remembered what flavor she wanted (strawberry).  Dallan felt terrible about hurting her, but Leah is very forgiving, so everyone is happy here.

7 comments:

Shelly Benson said...

Poor, poor Leah... and Dallan! I remember what it feels like to be the one who made the mistake - not fun. I hope she enjoyed her milkshake!

becbloggin said...

glad lloyd is OKAY...well, i guess its "lets hope lloyd is okay.." but since leah is good it doesnt apply. sadly, i think dad is the only one who would know what im talking about here...good to have a post and glad all is well :) what a BRUTE dallan is...reminds me of a tinker toy incident.

Allison said...

The Lloyd comment is over my head. ha ha. We DID talk about the tinker toy incident a lot to help Dallan feel better about the situation. At first we were pretty upset with Dallan, but his guilt was punishment enough. He felt terrible. He wrote Leah a sweet note and put it by her pillow this morning. Leah said, "I guess Dallan really loves me a lot." I love my sweet kids!

KolbyJanine said...

ouch! No fun! I remember having to get stitches as a kid. What a brave little girl. oh, Leah is also!

Jenn said...

Wow..what's up with getting your lip split open playing pirates? That happened to me. Justin and I were playing around with plastic swords and Justin accidentally hit me in the lip and busted it open. It was when I was about 14 I think. But I had to get stitches too. And it was in the same spot. lol Justin felt terrible, just like Dallan does. That was so sweet of Dallan to write that note for her. You must be something right. ;)

becbloggin said...

that is so SWEET! did i ever tell you about the golf club to the face incident? avi took a swing to the face from min...luckily no stitches BUT it looked terrible!

Janacy said...

OUCH :(