Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Military Spouse Day
































I was honored to be able to attend a white house event that honored military spouses. Clay was a sweetheart for helping me get the kids dropped off and he rode the metro with me until we got to his stop. I went the rest of the way, but it didn't take long for me to find a friend to hang with for the day. First, we had a nice breakfast with the yummiest food. Then, President Bush spoke to us (at least 1000 spouses) about the great support that we are to our country as we support our spouses in the military. He also honored a few spouses that have done amazing things within their communities. It was a nice speech and it was great to visit with others and just be there. It was quite uplifting and encouraging.

We also got to tour the white house; which was nice. I have been spoiled by seeing gorgeous temples, so the white house did not affect me as much as it impressed others. Still, it was nice to see the history and see the way things have been preserved through the years.

A country music singer, Phil Vasser, was there to sing the national anthem and then entertain us afterward. We had a great time! Here are a few pictures...enjoy!













3 comments:

Shelly Benson said...

Cool pictures... Military Spouses Day is well deserved. I didn't recognize Phil Vasser until you said who it was, so when I first saw the picture I was a little weirded out.

Ashley said...

That is so awesome! I agree with Shelly, Military Spouses Day is well deserved, and that picture weirded me out at first too! Too funny! Those are really neat pictures!

Anonymous said...

So funny! I knew I recognized that guy! It's funny that you met him, 'cause I've been blaring his CD throughout the house everyday for the last couple of weeks. haha. I love it! You guys are having some wonderful experiences there! I'm so proud of both of you, but I still wish you lived closer! :) Congrats and I'm so glad you had such a well deserved and wonderful time. Luv ya, Moo